- Compact and Stock rules are one and the same with the exception of compacts being limited to 4 and 6 cylinder engines and 112” wheelbase
- All drivers must be 18 years old with a valid driver’s license. Drivers 16-17 years old must have signed parental consent and at least one parent/guardian present at the sign in.
- You must have a cage and working seat belt in order to run. Halos are strongly recommended.
- Unlimited #9 wire outboard of the radiator.
- Both front doors can be skinned with up to 3/16” from seam to seam welded shut with up to a 4” strap.
- All occupants of the car must wear approved helmet and clothing.
- All cars must have glass, lights, trim, hazardous objects and spare tires removed. All stock gas tanks and batteries must be moved to the driver’s compartment, secured, and covered with a rubber mat. No more than 2 automotive batteries may be used in a secure case. No milk crates allowed.
- No jeeps, trucks, hearses, convertibles, el-cominos , rancheros, imperials (including sub-frames) are allowed.
- All vehicles must have a car number displayed on the front doors and the ROOF of the car.
- Officials have the final say and can disqualify a car at any time. Anyone not complying with these rules will be escorted from the event and possibly banned from any future events. Last word on the track is the last word!
- Trans coolers allowed in all classes.
- No painting or coating of frames is allowed.
- Seam welding from front to back in all classes is ½” maximum.
Nick Rimbey (217) 370-1797 or firstname.lastname@example.org
STOCK AND COMPACT
- Safety Cage: 6 point max cage recommended. Six vertical down tubes mounted directly to frame only allowed. Must be located at least 6” from firewall. Front down tube cannot be any farther forward than front inside door seam and extend no further than beginning of rear package tray. Vertical and horizontal tubing only allowed. No cage kickers.
- Drivetrain: Any drivetrain is permitted. This includes stock 3/5 speed manual transmissions. Front spark plug must be no further back than centerline of a-arm. Cradles must remain stock to the car you are running. Adding engine mounts to the cradle is allowed but cannot exceed outside of stock mount points or be reinforcing to the frame in anyway. This includes bolt in vic’s. No wrapping of or reinforcing cradles. No D.P.’s mid-plates, trans braces etc. allowed. You are allowed to use a 2”x2” square tubing for transmission cross member. You may attach to the frame with a 2”x4” ¼” plate.
- Radiator: Stock location of radiator only. No reinforcing core supports. You may run expanded metal in front of the radiator, but it must be bolted in with no more than 8-3/8” bolts or welded but not attached to bumper. Not to exceed dimensions of radiator 5/16” material maximum. No reserve tanks allowed.
- Rear end: Any 5 lug rear end is allowed. You can brace rear end with 3”x3” tubing. Slider drive shafts and steering shafts are allowed. Rear suspension must be of stock configuration. You may chain rear end to frame and rear frame rails together. Stiffness of suspension is at the driver’s discretion, but cannot be done with added material or conversion kits. You may alter length of trailing arms and reinforce them. Pinion brakes are allowed.
- Front Suspension: You have the option of the following to hold you’re a-arms down. You may chain, bolt, or weld 2-6”x2” ¼” (3” on arms and 3” on frames) straps per side of the car. Factory suspension must remain factory otherwise.
- Tires: 16” or smaller tires are allowed. Split rims and paddle tires are not allowed. Valve stem protectors and up to full weld centers are allowed.
- Bumpers: Any stock style bumper is allowed. Bumper may be loaded and seams re-welded. Homemade bumpers are allowed, but not to exceed 4”x4”x3/8” tube with no point on the bumper exceeding 4” over a 32” span. Mount them hard-nosed or any OEM bracket no longer than 11” bolted or welded. Also, 2-2”x1/4” straps outboard of the radiator from bumper to core support with 4” of weld on bumper and 4” of weld to core support. No bumpers slid over the frame.
- Pre-ran: You may re-clip front end with a stock legal
front clip. You may also re-sub front ends but with a stock legal sub-frame connected by a butt weld and a 2”x1/4” strap. You are allowed no more than 4-4”x5” 1/8” plates on a pre-ran car to reinforce damaged areas with a ½” gap between welds.
- Body: Pre-bending is allowed. No tilting is allowed. No shortening, modifying, creasing or forming of the frame is allowed. Must have a bar bolted or welded from firewall to the roof of the car. Optional on rear roof, but not to exceed front trunk seam. Cannot be tied into deck lid or reinforcing body in anyway. Maximum of 2-3” wide by 3/5” thick and no more than 5” attached to any surface. Fenders and quarter panels can have no more than 6-3/8” bolts in each. Creasing allowed, but no added metal. All factory holes in body/frame must be left open. You may add a 3/16” skin to drivers and passengers side front doors.
- Frame: You can cut or notch rear frame, but cannot re-weld or plate your cuts. Seam welding only with ½” wide maximum. Any modification other than to help how the car bends is prohibited. No securing deck lids or wagon tops to the floors for added strength.
- Rust Repair: You may repair rust on the frame with 1/8” thick metal. Remove bad section as much as possible.
- Hood: Must have a 4” fire hold on each side of the carb. You may bolt hood skin with 10-3/8” bolts. If hood is removed, fan belt must be removed. Hood can have 6-1” all thread with only 2 attached to the frame and 4 through sheet metal only. Maximum of 6”x1/4” thick hood washers. You can flange your hood to your fenders with 6” 2×2 ¼” angle iron with 2-3/8 bolts, but forfeit 1 all thread per flange. You are allowed a 4”x4”x1/4” plate on the bottom of frame for all thread that goes through the frame, but not welded to the frame. Bottom of frame only.
- Deck lid: 4-1” all thread with 2 connected to the frame. You may use a maximum of 6”x1/4” thick hood washer per all thread. You may either weld seam 4” on 4” off or weld 6-4”x2” straps to seam with 4” in between.
- Body mounts: You can remove body mounts, but they must be replaced with ¾” or smaller all thread or bolts. Stock body mount location cannot be changed or added.
- Aftermarket: Pedals and shifters are allowed. Mounting cannot reinforce frame. Mounting with no more than 6-3/8” bolts per bracket.