Friday, June 22nd – Sign-Up deadline is 5:30 PM.
$30 entry fee per class – $30 rider fee
STOCK: $1,500, $800, $300, $50, $25
GUT N GO STOCK: $800, $400, $200, $50, $25
COMPACT CARS: $800, $400, $200, $50, $25
GUT N GO FULL SIZE COMPACT: $600, $300, $150, $50, $25
Ten car minimum per class for guaranteed payout.
All Pit Passes $20. Must be 16 to participate (with parental permission).
No bottles or alcohol on infield – this will be strictly enforced!
For further information call Terry Gross at (217)-242-8742
Greene County Fair Demolition General Derby Rules
Friday, June 22nd. 7pm at the Greene County Fairgrounds
For any questions, please contact Derek Kleidon at 217-491-7420. Text or call after 5 pm. If there is no answer, leave a message and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Inspection from 3 pm to 6:40 pm. Cars must be in Tech Line by 6:30 pm, no exceptions. Drivers Meeting will be held at 6:50 pm.
- SAFETY is our number one rule! If we aren’t satisfied with any safety related issues, you will be given the option to fix the problem, or load it back up.
- Officials have the final say. To their discretion, officials can disqualify a car at any time. Anyone not complying with these rules, or not behaving like a rational adult will be escorted out from the event and possibly banned from all future EVENTS. (Our goal is to keep this as a family friendly event. Remember that kids and future drivers look up to all of you!)
- All drivers MUST be 18-years-old with valid driver’s license. Drivers 16 and 17-year-olds MUST have parental consent & at least one parent or legal guardian present at sign-in.
- All cages are not only permitted, BUT ARE REQUIRED to protect you as much as possible. You will NOT be able to run if we are not satisfied with your safety precautions/cages. Halos aren’t mandatory, BUT ARE STRONGLY recommended but can’t exceed safety cage rules, and this includes working seatbelts/harnesses.
- Both front doors can be skinned with up to 3/16″ from seam to seam, welded shut with up to a 3″ strap in regular stock and compact classes.
- All occupants of the car must wear approved helmets, long pants & shirt.
- All cars must be swept clean; all glass, lights, trim, hazardous objects and spare tires must be removed. Stock gas tanks and batteries MUST be removed and relocated to the driver’s compartment and secured and covered by a rubber mat. No more than 2 automotive batteries may be used in a secure mount/box, and NO MILK CRATES.
- NO 69 AND OLDER LINCOLNS, JEEPS, TRUCKS, HEARSES, EL CAMINOS/ RANCHEROS, IMPERIALS (SUB FRAMES INCLUDED) ARE ALLOWED!
- All vehicles must have a car number clearly displayed on the front doors and roof.
- NO PAINTING OR COATING OF FRAMES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, WE WILL LOAD YOU FOR THIS!
Greene County Fair Stock Demolition Derby Rules
REMINDER: NO GRAY AREAS! IF YOU DON’T SEE IT, DON’T DO IT!
- Safety Cage: 6-point cage ALLOWED, but side bars must stop at the front side of the wheel humps/back door seam. Halo bar not mandatory BUT IS STRONGLY recommended. Halo must be vertical and cannot be used for anything but roof support. You are allowed (6) down tubes to the frame 3″x3″ max: Front two must be even with or behind front inside door seem. Rear two must be in front of rear body mounts on flat part of frame. Center 2 are for driver and passenger protection. Gas tank protector allowed, but no wider than 24″ and must be 3″ from sheet metal. Front cage bar must be 6″ above transmission tunnel and 6″ away from center of dash. Side rails no wider than 12″ and must be 6″ minimum above floor. Cage can be bolted welded or chained in, BUT MUST BE SAFE! NO KICKERS ANYWHERE!
- Drivetrain: Any motor and transmission may be used, BUT MUST use stock motor mounts. NO AFTERMARKET! You may run any rear end, bracing of the rear end is fine but no bracing extending to the frame. Must use stock control arms. Slider drive shafts are allowed.
- Transmission Crossmember: You MUST run stock crossmember welded or bolted in. NO ADDED METAL.
- Rear Suspension: NO CONVERSIONS. You are allowed two (2) chains; one per side around the frame and around the rear end to set your height. Other than that, EVERYTHING must be stock. The rear end can be no lower than 16″. Factory leaf spring cars must use factory leafs the car came from the factory with no relocation of frame mounts.
- Front Suspension: NO CONVERSIONS. You are allowed two (2) chains; one per side around the frame and around the rear end to set your height. Other than that, EVERYTHING must be stock. The rear end can be no lower than 16″. Factory leaf spring cars must use factory leafs the car came from the factory with no relocation of frame mounts.
- Protectors: Lower cradle ONLY. No pully protectors, nothing can be tied. SBC to Mopar must not be solid plate on k-member (2) 6″ plates for mounting. MUST be bolted to k-member NOT welded.
- Bumpers: You may run any bumper. You may load or plate and seam weld, OR you may run a homemade bumper. BUT THIS CANNOT exceed 6″x 6″ x 1/2″ tubing, with no more than a 4″ point over a 32″ spread. You may either hard nose and run a 4″x 5″x 1/4″ plate from bumper back, OR you run a stock shock and bracket for the car you are running in stock manner. NO WELDING IF IT WASN’T WELDED FACTORY! Max bumper height is 22″ from bottom of bumper.
- Frame: ONLY WELDING ALLOWED ON FRAME is your bumper strap, if you choose to use it, and one pass weld 1/2″ wide on frame seam from front of A-arm bracket forward (unless stated otherwise.) NO TILTING/ FRAME MAY ME SHORTENED TO 1 INCH IN FRONT OF CORE SUPPORT MOUNTS!
- Repairs: REPAIRS: You are allowed (6) 4″x 6″x 1/8″ to repair any damage, (4) ALLOWED CENTER OF CAR FORWARD, (2) ALLOWED CENTER OF CAR BACK BUT MUST BE VISIBLE BEND. Any other repairs MUST be approved by Derek.
- 03′ & NEWER FORDS: Must be 100% stock suspension & steering.
- Body: NO SEDAGONS/NO FRAME SHAPING
- General: Anything can be removed, NOTHING can be added. Fasten trunks, hoods, tail gates in (6) places, (2) being your all thread through the frame and the other (4) can be wired or bolted sheet metal only. You may weld doors solid with 3″X 1/8″ strap only. DO NOT WELD HOOD OR TRUNK! Body mounts may be changed, BUT must have 1″ spacers and NO bigger than 3/4″ bolts, with washers no bigger than 3″x 1/4″.NO ADDING MOUNTS! Max of (10) 3/8 bolts through hood to hold outer skin and inner support together.
- Trunk: You are allowed (2) 3/4″ all thread through frame & trunk with washers no bigger than 6″.
- Fenders: You are allowed (4) 3/8″ bolts washers no bigger than 1″ in each wheel opening.
- Core Support: MUST REMAIN STOCK! You are allowed (2) 3/4″ all thread through factory core support mounts. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE!
- Wheel/Tires: NO SPLIT RIMS, NO PADDLE TIRES (this means tires with cups). Full weld in centers are allowed.Bead protectors are fine but no full sidewall protectors allowed!
- Radiator: Must remain in stock location. ONLY thing allowed in front of the radiator is the a/c condenser. You can use (4) 3/8″ bolts with washer, NO bigger than 2″, to fasten condenser.
- Window Bars: You must have a minimum of one spot of No. 9 wire on each side from cowl to roof. You are allowed up to 2″x 2″x 1/4″ square round tubing, 6″ on the cowl, 6″ on the roof. THESE ARE FOR SAFETY ONLY! DO NOT TRY AND REINFORCE ANYTHING WITH THEM!
- No. 9 Wire: Nothing in front of the radiator. Four (4) strands up front of core support to bumper. Four (4) spots in back & must be sheet metal to sheet metal. You can weld a 3/4″ washer on sheet metal to run your No. 9 through.
Greene County Fair Compact Demolition Derby Rules
- Compact cars shall not exceed 110″ wheelbase measured between center of wheel and center of wheel. You may not shorten wheelbase to achieve this. NO CONVERTIBLES OR LEAFSPRING CONVERSIONS! Cars shall not have engines bigger than 4 or 6 cylinders.
- Radiator: Radiator, fans, may be removed but not relocated. Batteries must be placed in a secure position. They must not move when shaken and covered with something nonflammable. You can have a tranny cooler in the passenger area, nothing else can be relocated.
- Doors: Doors may be welded solid. Doors not welded must be wired or chained shut.
- Cage: You may build a cage from the driver’s side to the passenger’s side doors. You may have two side bars (these may be welded and/or bolted). You may have three cross bars: 1 in the dash area and 2 in the back seat area (These may be welded and/or bolted).The cage cannot go any further back than the beginning of the rear fender wells. Vertical down tubes are allowed only on the front driver and passenger doors. THESE BARS CAN NOT GO TO THE FRAME! DO NOT CONNECT TO BODY MOUNT BOLTS! Material for this cage cannot exceed 10” in width. NO REINFORCEMENTS EXCEPT AS STATED IN THESE RULES! Halo bars may be connected to frame or cage – NOT BOTH.
- Hood: Hood must be wired, chained or bolted shut. If all thread is used, you may use a maximum of six 1″ all thread with washers no bigger than 6″ outside diameter on hood. Two may go to or through frame but cannot be in front of radiator. You may put 8 bolts no bigger than 3/8″ with washers no bigger than 1″ in hood. If you use all thread, no chain may be used. If you chain, you may use two ¾” all thread on back of hood. NO WELDING HOODS, THEY MUST ABLE TO OPEN FOR INSPECTION.
- Trunks, Hatches, Wagon Gates: Must be wired, chained or bolted shut, or you can weld 5 on 5. You may use a maximum 4 all thread 1″ with washers no bigger than 6″ outside diameter, only two may go through frame.
- Frame: No stuffing frames. You may have 4 patches (2″wide 6″long and ¼”thick) on pre-rans only. You may seam weld k member only. No leaf spring conversions.
- Gas Tanks: Gas tanks must be properly secured. NO MORE THAN 6 GALLONS OF GASOLINE IS ALLOWED! No movement of the gas tanks will be allowed. Lines and connectors must be leak proof, no factory tanks allowed.
- Tires: Any tire except no water in tires, no tires screwed to rims.
- Bumpers: You may run ANY stock style car bumper, you may load it, weld it, plate it, BUT YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE FORMATION FROM STOCK. Homemade bumpers are allowed, BUT CANNOT exceed 6″x 6″ x 1/2″ tubing, with no more than a 4″ point over a 32″ spread. You can do one of two options; hard nose to the front frame with a 10″x 4″x ¼” strap from bumper back, OR be welded to the factory shocks. Factory shocks CANNOT be relocated. They can be cut off even at the frame and weld to both; NO OTHER COMBINATIONS. You may shorten front frame back to front side of body mount. You must be able to run your ¾” all thread through the factory body mount holes WITHOUT manipulating it.
- Leaf Springs: Cars with leaf springs must remain factory with factory leaf packs for that car. You may use 3 clamps on springs per side.
- Tranny Coolers: Allowed.
- Lower Engine Cradles: Lower engine cradles allowed for mounting purpose only with factory rubber mounts. movement will be checked in inspection with a prybar.
If it does not say you can do it, then you cannot do it!!!!
Greene County Fair Gut N Go Demolition Derby Rules
GUT N GO FULL SIZE AND COMPACT RULES
This class is to give the average guy a chance to experience the thrill of the driver’s seat. Do not look into the rules, this is a cut and dry class.
- Dash can be removed but firewall has to remain full with no modification.
- Gas tank and battery box moved and secured inside of car.
- Hood must have (2) 5×5 holes in case of fire. Hood can be wired or chained down in 6 locations total.
- Trunk must remain on hinges and 50% of the trunk can be tucked. Trunk may be secured with wire or chain in 4 locations.
- Doors may be wired or chained shut. NO WELDING PERIOD!!
- Factory driveline and driveshaft with no aftermarket parts. (examples HEADERS, FUEL INJECTION TO CARB CONVERSIONS…) Factory steering and suspension. screw in spring spacers allowed to achieve bumper height but must have suspension bounce.
- Computers and fuse boxes can be relocated away from fenders and core support but not moved inside of car.
- Full size cars are allowed to bolt any stock non loaded car bumper on the front NO WELDING ALLOWED. Compacts must run factory bumper that came on the car from the factory.
- Any tire may be used. No bead locks, no weld in centers, must be factory wheels. No foam or water filled tires.
- Shifters can be changed.
- Push button start allowed.
- Differentials can be welded solid. (NO AXLE SWAPS PERIOD)
- Max 4 point cage. 2 side bars two cross bars. Must be minimum of 6 inches off the floor and cannot extend past inside front door seams and 6 inches behind drives seat. No down tubes and no gas tank protectors.
- Frame notching is allowed but cannot weld back together.
- No body creasing allowed.
- Compact car wheel base is limited to 110″ or less. No modifications to achieve this measurement.
- Compact cars are limited to a 4 or 6 cylinder engine no v8s allowed.
- All body bolts and mounts must remain stock.(NO REPAIR ON RUSTED OUT MOUNTS)