Friday, June 21st – Sign-Up deadline is 5:30 PM.
$30 entry fee per class – $30 rider fee
STOCK: $1,500, $800, $300, $100, $50
STOCK 2 MAN TEAM: $4000, $2000, $1000, $600, $400
COMPACT: $800, $400, $200, $50, $25
GUT N GO COMPACT: $600, $300, $150, $50, $25
Ten car minimum per class for guaranteed payout.
All Pit Passes $20. Must be 16 to participate (with parental permission).
No bottles or alcohol on infield – this will be strictly enforced!
For further information call Terry Gross at (217)-242-8742
Greene County Fair Demolition General Derby Rules
Friday, June 21st. 7 pm at the Greene County Fairgrounds
For any questions, please contact Derek Kleidon at 217-491-7420. Text or call after 5 pm. If there is no answer, leave a message and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Inspection from 3 pm to 6:40 pm. Cars must be in Tech Line by 6:30 pm, no exceptions. Drivers Meeting will be held at 6:50 pm.
- SAFETY is our number one rule! If we aren’t satisfied with any safety-related issues, you will be given the option to fix the problem or load it back up.
- Officials have the final say. To their discretion, officials can disqualify a car at any time. Anyone not complying with these rules, or not behaving like a rational adult will be escorted out from the event and possibly banned from all future EVENTS. (Our goal is to keep this as a family-friendly event. Remember that kids and future drivers look up to all of you!)
- All drivers MUST be 18-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Drivers 16 and 17-year-olds MUST have parental consent & at least one parent or legal guardian present at sign-in.
- All cages are not only permitted BUT ARE REQUIRED to protect you as much as possible. You will NOT be able to run if we are not satisfied with your safety precautions/cages. Halos aren’t mandatory, BUT ARE STRONGLY recommended but can’t exceed safety cage rules, and this includes working seatbelts/harnesses.
- Both front doors can be skinned with up to 3/16″ from seam to seam, welded shut with up to a 3″ strap in regular stock and compact classes.
- All occupants of the car must wear approved helmets, long pants & shirt.
- All cars must be swept clean; all glass, lights, trim, hazardous objects and spare tires must be removed. Stock gas tanks and batteries MUST be removed and relocated to the driver’s compartment and secured and covered by a rubber mat. No more than 2 automotive batteries may be used in a secure mount/box, and NO MILK CRATES.
- NO 69 AND OLDER LINCOLNS, JEEPS, TRUCKS, HEARSES, EL CAMINOS/ RANCHEROS, IMPERIALS (SUBFRAMES INCLUDED) ARE ALLOWED!
- All vehicles must have a car number clearly displayed on the front doors and roof.
- NO PAINTING OR COATING OF FRAMES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, WE WILL LOAD YOU FOR THIS!
Greene County Fair Stock Demolition Derby Rules
TEAM SHOW CARS MUST BE FRESH CARS NO PRE RANS!!!
REMINDER: NO GRAY AREAS! IF YOU DON’T SEE IT, DON’T DO IT!
- SAFETY CAGE: 6-point cage ALLOWED, but sidebars must stop at the front side of the wheel humps/back door seam. Halo bar not mandatory BUT IS STRONGLY recommended. Halo must be vertical and cannot be used for anything but roof support. You are allowed (6) down tubes to the frame 3″x3″ max: Front two must be even with or behind front inside door seam. Rear two must be in front of rear body mounts on the flat part of the frame. Center 2 is for driver and passenger protection. Gas tank protector allowed, but no wider than 24″ and must be 3″ from sheet metal. Front cage bar must be 6″ above the transmission tunnel and 6″ away from the center of the dash. Side rails no wider than 12″ and must be 6″ minimum above the floor. The cage can be bolted welded or chained in, BUT MUST BE SAFE! NO KICKERS ANYWHERE!
- DRIVE TRAIN: Any motor and transmission may be used, AFTERMARKET MOTOR MOUNTS ALLOWED BUT MUST HAVE RUBBER BUSHING IN THEM! If you run stock motor mounts you are allowed (2) 3/8 chain to hold engine down with only one link welded to frame no other links welded together. If you choose to run aftermarket mounts no chains allowed to tie engine down. You may run any rear end, bracing of the rear end is fine but no bracing extending to the frame. Must use stock control arms. Slider drive shafts are allowed.
- TRANSMISSION CROSSMEMBER: You MAY run any stock car cross member welded or bolted in (NO 03 AND UP CROSS MEMBERS ALLOWED IN NON 03 AND UP CARS). 2X2X6 ANGLE FOR MOUNTING ONLY NO OTHER ADDED METAL.
- REAR SUSPENSION: WATTS CONVERSION ALLOWED with 2 individual upper brackets and max 3x3x1/4×6 tube allowed for lower mounts. You are allowed two (2) chains; one per side around the frame and around the rear end to set your height. Other than that, EVERYTHING must be stock. The rear end can be no lower than 16″. Factory leaf spring cars must use factory leafs the car came from the factory with no relocation of frame mounts. NO COIL TO LEAF CONVERSIONS
- FRONT SUSPENSION: You are allowed (2) 2″x 6″x 1/8″ straps per side to hold your suspension where you want it; 3″ on the side of the frame & 3″ on the A-arm. DO NOT GET CREATIVE. NO AFTERMARKET PARTS AT ALL! DIRECT BOLT ON A-ARM AND SPINDLE SWAPS ARE ALLOWED BUT NO MODIFICATIONS TO MAKE THEM WORK OR YOU WILL NOT RUN!
- PROTECTORS: Lower cradle ONLY. No pully protectors, nothing can be tied. SBC to Mopar must not be solid plate on k-member (2) 6″ plates for mounting. MUST be bolted to k-member NOT welded.
- BUMPERS: You may run any bumper. You may load or plate and seam weld, OR you may run a homemade bumper. BUT THIS CANNOT exceed 6″x 6″ x 1/2″ tubing, with no more than a 4″ point over a 32″ spread. You may either hard nose and run a 4″x 5″x 1/4″ plate from bumper back, OR you run a stock shock and bracket for the car you are running in stock manner. NO WELDING IF IT WASN’T WELDED FACTORY! Max bumper height is 22″ from the bottom of the bumper.
- FRAME: ONLY WELDING ALLOWED ON FRAME is your bumper strap, if you choose to use it, and one pass weld 1/2″ wide on frame seam from the front of A-arm bracket forward (unless stated otherwise.) NO MODIFICATION TO FRAME TO CREAT A SEAM! NO TILTING/COLD BENDING! FRAME MAY ME SHORTENED TO 1 INCH IN FRONT OF CORE SUPPORT MOUNTS!
- REPAIRS: You are allowed (6) 4″x 6″x 1/8″ to repair any damage, (4) ALLOWED CENTER OF CAR FORWARD, (2) ALLOWED CENTER OF CAR BACK BUT MUST BE VISIBLE BEND. Any other repairs MUST be approved by (DEREK).
- 03′ & NEWER FORDS: Must be 100% stock suspension & steering.
- BODY: NO SEDAGONS/NO FRAME SHAPING
• GENERAL: Anything can be removed, NOTHING can be added. Fasten trunks, hoods, tailgates in (6) places, (2) being your all thread through the frame and the other (4) can be wired or bolted sheet metal only. You may weld doors solid with 3″X 1/8″ strap only. TRUNKS MAY HAVE (4)-3X5X1/8 STRAP WELDED AS PART OF YOUR 6 SPOTS TO TIE IT DOWN! Body mounts may be changed, BUT must have 1″ spacers and NO bigger than 3/4″ bolts, with washers no bigger than 3″x 1/4″.NO ADDING MOUNTS! Max of (10) 3/8 bolts through the hood to hold outer skin and inner support together.
• TRUNK: You are allowed (2) 3/4″ all thread through frame & trunk with washers no bigger than 6″.
• FENDERS: You are allowed (4) 3/8″ bolts washers no bigger than 1″ in each wheel opening.
• CORE SUPPORT: MUST REMAIN STOCK! You are allowed (2) 3/4″ all thread through factory core support mounts with 6″ washers max. CORE SUPPORT SPACERS 3X3X5 MAX!! THESE CANNOT BE WELDED TO THE TOP OF THE FRAME! DO NOT ADD ANYTHING ELSE!
- WHEEL/TIRES: NO SPLIT RIMS, NO PADDLE TIRES (this means tires with cups). Full weld in centers is allowed. Bead protectors are fine but no full sidewall protectors allowed!
- RADIATOR: Must remain in stock location. The ONLY thing allowed in front of the radiator is the a/c condenser. You can use (4) 3/8″ bolts with washer, NO bigger than 2″, to fasten condenser.
- WINDOW BARS: You must have a minimum of one spot of No. 9 wire on each side from cowl to roof. You are allowed up to 2″x 2″x 1/4″ square round tubing, 6″ on the cowl/SPEAKER DECK, 6″ on the roof. THESE ARE FOR SAFETY ONLY! DO NOT TRY AND REINFORCE ANYTHING WITH THEM!
- NO. 9 WIRE: Nothing in front of the radiator. Four (4) strands up the front of core support to bumper. Four (4) spots in back & must be sheet metal to sheet metal. You can weld a 3/4″ washer on sheet metal to run your No. 9 through.
Greene County Fair Compact Demolition Derby Rules
113” or less 4 or 6 cylinders
2 automotive batteries MAX
No convertibles or leaf conversions.
Radiator and fan can be removed but not relocated.
- Cage- 6-point max cage recommended 60” sidebar max halo bar MANDATORY halo must be vertical and cannot be used for anything but the roof support. 6 down tubes to frame/floor no bigger than 3” X 3” max front 2 even with or behind front door seam. Middle 2 must be beside the seats for safety. Rear 2 must be in front of rear body mount on flat part of frame and can NOT be connected to rear trailing arm mount. Gas tank protect allowed no wider than 24” and must be 3” from all sheet metal (around and below tank). Front cage bar must be 6” above the trans tunnel and 6” away from center of dash/firewall. Side rails no wider than 12” and 60” long must be a minimum of 6” off the floor. Cages can be bolted chained or welded in, but must be safe. No kickers ANYWHERE.
- Drive train- Any 4 or 6 cylinder drive train only. LOWER CRADLE ONLY. Top motor mount may be changed to 2”X 2” square tubing but must be bolted in on the motor side. Bottom mount and tranny mount on FWD can be changed to tubing as well but must be bolted in on motor/tranny side.
- Rear suspension- Must remain stock FWD and RWD No leaf conversions. Trailing arms MAY be reinforced but must be stock to car no square tubing. Leaf spring cars may have 4 clamps per leaf 2” wide ¼” thick 4 ½” long with bolts no bigger than 3/8”. No welding trailing arms in solid must have a pivot point and travel. Minimum rear bumper height 16” from the ground to bottom of bumper.
- Front suspension- After-market ball joints and tie rod ends allowed all other suspension must remain completely stock. May have (2) 2” X 6” X 1/8” straps per a-arm to hold suspension 3” on the outside of frame 3” on a-arm. No spring spacers or welding struts solid.
- Protectors- you can run your protectors (carb/header/rear end) BUT for the sole purpose of protecting your carb< headers and rear end (RWD cars only) from damage. They CANNOT be in contact with ANYTHING that will help hold them in place or help strengthen the car in any way, other than your top motor mounts (FWD cars only). They CANNOT be welded in solid. They must be bolted on to the motor/top motor mount.
- Bumpers- Any automotive bumper may be used. Can plate/load it. Can seam weld skin down but cannot change the formation of it. Homemade bumpers allowed but cannot exceed
6” X 6” X ½” tubing, with no more than a 4” point over 32” spread.
Bumpers can be mounted 1 of 2 ways: hard nose to the front of the frame with a 10” X 4” X ¼” strap on the outside of frame. (Nothing inside frame at all or you will load it back on the trailer, NO EXECPTIONS I.e. frame spacers) Or be welded to factory shocks. Factory shocks cannot be relocated. May shorten the front frame back to front core support mount. You must be able to run your 1” all thread through factory mount hole without manipulating it. No frame spacers inside of frame around your all-thread. Front bumper height 20” max to bottom of bumper except pre-rans.
- Frame- May seam weld top frame seam only ABSOUTLY no welding on the strut towers or k-member. No shaping of frame. Pre-bending is allowed do not re-weld your cut if pre-bending. Nothing inside frame at all or you will be loaded. Only your front 1” all-thread may pass through frame to hold k-member on.
* Hood: Must have 4” fire hole on each side of carb. Can be wire chained or bolted shut. If all-thread is used, you may use max of (6) 1” all-thread with washers no bigger than 6”X ¼” thick plates. two may go through the frame. Cannot use any to weld k-member to main frame. K-member may be sucked up tight to bottom of frame but no welding it to main frame at all. Hood MUST be open for inspection. ABSOUTLY nothing going from k member to frame rail I.e. chain, strap, or all thread.
* Trunk: (2) 1” all-thread through the trunk lid to frame with 6” X ¼” plate. You can dish the trunk lid down but must be 10” off upper trunk floor (not the spare tire area). You may weld trunk lid 5” on 5” off with strap no wider than 3” X 1/8”. Speaker deck must remain in car.
* Fenders: You are allowed (4) 3/8” bolts with washers no bigger than 1” per wheel opening. Creasing is allowed, but NO overlapping of metal.
* Doors: Can be welded solid with 3” wide X 1/8” thick strap, BUT DO NOT load the door seams.
* Core support: Must remain stock. You are allowed 2- 1” all-thread through factory core support mount. Nothing in front of radiator.
* Front window bar: You must have a minimum of one spot of No. 9 wire on each side from cowl to roof. You are allowed up to 2” X 2” X ¼” square or round tubing or 3” flat 3/8”, 6” on the cowl, 6” on the roof. These MAY NOT come in contact with any protector at any time and nothing can go to the strut tower.
* Back window bar: 1 back window bar may be mounted from roof to speaker deck, NOT on the trunk lid, and only 6” welded to the roof and speaker deck using 2”x2”x1/4” square tubing MAX
- No. 9 Wire- Unlimited No. 9 wire from bumper to core support, and bumper to trunk lid. Wagons, you are allowed three (3) sets of three (3) wraps of No. 9 per window opening. You can add ¾” washers to the body for No. 9 to go through. NOTHING in front of radiator, No. 9 can’t be attached or come in contact with braces/motor/trans. You cannot tie No. 9 to the cage.
- Pedals/ Battery boxes- Must be 2” away from tranny tunnel and 2” from front body mounts. MUST NOT BE USED TO REINFORCE CAR BY ANY MEANS. No bolting sub to battery box or pedal setup, no extra sub frame bolts at all other than factory.
- Wheels and tires- NO SPLIT RIMS, NO PADDLE TIRES (this means tires with cups). Full weld in centers are allowed. Bead protectors are fine but no full sidewall protectors allowed!
- Gas tank- Gas tank must be properly secured in the back seat area. NO MORE THAN 6 GALLONS OF GASOLINE IS ALLOWED! No movement of the gas tanks will be allowed. Lines and connectors must be leak proof, no factory tanks allowed.
- Tranny cooler and oil coolers are allowed.
- Repairs- For any frame repairs due to rust, you must cut out the exact piece and butt weld back in, same thickness as frame.
- Bends: You are allowed up to four (4) 4” X 6” X ¼” to repair, but MUST be visible damage. Repair plates must be a minimum of 1” apart, including welds and 1” away from bumper shocks.
- Hump plates- you are allowed 2 hump plats one on each rail 22”x3”x1/4” thick plates they must be centered rear axle and contour to the frame.
Greene County Fair Gut N Go Demolition Derby Rules
GUT N GO FULL SIZE AND COMPACT RULES
THIS CLASS IS TO GIVE THE AVERAGE GUY A CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE THRILL OF THE DRIVERS SEAT…DO NOT LOOK INTO THE RULES THIS IS A CUT AND DRY CLASS.
1) Dash can be removed but firewall has to remain full with no modification.
2) Gas tank and battery box moved and secured inside of car.
3) Hood must have (2) 5×5 holes in case of fire. Hood can be wired or chained down in 6 locations total.
4) Trunk must remain on hinges and 50% of the trunk can be tucked. Trunk may be secured with wire or chain in 4 locations.
5) Doors may be wired or chained shut NO WELDING PERIOD!!
6) Factory driveline and driveshaft with no aftermarket parts. (examples HEADERS, FUEL INJECTION TO CARB CONVERSIONS…) Factory steering and suspension.
7) Computers and fuse boxes can be relocated away from fenders and core support but not moved inside of car.
8) Compacts must run factory bumper that came on the car from the factory.
9) Any tire may be used. No bead locks, no weld in centers, must be factory wheels. No foam or water filled tires.
10) Shifters can be changed.
11) Push button start allowed.
12) Max 4 point cage. 2 side bars two cross bars. Must be minumum of 6 inches off the floor and cannot extend past inside front door seams and 6 inches behind drives seat. No down tubes and no gas tank protectors.
13) Frame notching is allowed but cannot weld back together.
14) No body creasing allowed.
15) wheel base is limitted to 113″ or less. No modifications to achieve this measurement.
16) 4 or 6 cylinder engine no v8s allowed.
18) All body bolts and mounts must remain stock.(NO REPAIR ON RUSTED OUT MOUNTS)
If any question about compact rules rust repair or fix it plates contact Andrew Wadlow 618-407-9069